Denver T Stanfield, MD
Denver T Stanfield, MDOrthopaedic Surgeon & Sports Medicine Specialist
Denver T Stanfield, M.D is a native of rural southern Ohio. He spent 4 years in the US Navy as a Hospital Corpsman with the Marine Corps near the end of the Vietnam conflict. He returned to Ohio and attended the University of Cincinnati, graduating with a degree in Biology/Microbiology and received his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. He was next accepted into the prestigious Don O’Donoghue Orthopaedic Program at the University of Oklahoma. Dr. O’Donoghue is considered the “Father of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine”. While at the University of Oklahoma he also trained under Dr. Bill Grana. Both Orthopaedic Educators are members of the Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Hall of Fame.
Dr. Stanfield fortunately also trained at the Oklahoma Bone and Joint Hospital, the McBride Clinic and the Oklahoma Center for Athletes.
After completing his training in the west, Dr. Stanfield and his young family returned to Ohio. He brought with him many skills as a subspecialist in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery. He has continued to develop his talents and is now nationally known for his surgical skill and treatment of complex knee and shoulder problems.
Dr Stanfield is Board-certified in Orthopaedic Surgery with a Certificate of Advance Qualifications in Sports Medicine and serves as an instructor of Arthroscopic surgery at the Orthopaedic Learning Center in Chicago where both domestic and international surgeons come to learn from master surgeons. He has reached the title of Apex Master Surgeon which is the highest level of surgical skills instructor by the Arthroscopic Association of North America.
Dr. Stanfield currently serves as a consultant for both the National Football League (NFL) Players Association and as a consultant for the NFL Owners Association. He serves as the team physician and sports medicine director for several local high schools and is a consultant to many other sports teams in the region.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Subspecialty in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American College of Physician Executives
- American Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- AO/ASIF Alumni Association
- Dr. Don O’Donoghue Orthopaedic Alumni Association
- Ohio Orthopaedic Society
- Ohio State Medical Association
- Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation Order of Merit (Cum Laude)
- Wilderness Medicine Society
- Joint Advisory Committee on Sports Medicine Member-Ohio State Medical Association
- Director of Shoulder Laboratory-Wellington Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- Physician Charitable Foundation Board Member
- Advisory Board-Sports Medicine Institute Committee on Education and Research
7575 Five Mile Road
Cincinnati, OH 45230
4440 Glen Este-Withamsville Road
Cincinnati, OH 45245